The use of QR codes has been growing exponentially over the past few years, and while it’s a relatively new technology, it’s quickly becoming a great way to promote your business or brand.
1. What are QR Codes?
- As of 2018, around 83% of all payments were made via mobile payment.
- A QR code is a short barcode that you can place on almost anything. Using a camera phone or QR code reader, you can scan the code and pull up a webpage, video or more from virtually anywhere. (allows you to quickly link to web content on the go. QR Codes are easy to scan and read, unlike traditional URLs which can be hard to read if scanned from too far away.)
- QR codes, also known as Quick Response codes, are an excellent way to get your audience interested in your products or services. You can use QR codes in a variety of ways: from giving away promotional gifts to promoting your products online. This article will show you how to use QR codes to promote your business and grow your business.
- A QR code is a type of two-dimensional barcode used to transfer information from a printed page or other flat surface to a smart device. It is commonly found on business cards, coupons, and brochures that have been printed on paper. In this post, we will discuss the meaning of a QR code, what it is used for and how you can make use of it to grow your business.
2. How do they work?
If you are reading this article, you probably know what a 2D barcode is. But what about those little square barcodes that you can find on most products? These are called the Quick Response (QR) code. These are usually a set of black and white squares with different patterns. The QR codes contain numbers. When a cell phone camera is focused on these codes, it converts them into text and displays them as a URL or phone number.
QR codes are a newer, more complex form of 2D barcode. They're not just limited to representing links and phone numbers, and they also work on mobile phones. They're also the perfect way to add a touch of whimsy and fun to any brand communication effort.
3. How do they get scanned?
Scanning a barcode with your smartphone is a lot like picking up a book off of a shelf. If you want to know more about the book, you can scan the barcode, and it will automatically open a web page to provide more information about the book. Your phone does this without any special hardware or software, so it works with any phone, anywhere. It just takes a barcode.
If you are in a restaurant, you can use your smartphone's camera to take a picture of the menu and the barcode on the menu, then have your phone search for the restaurant's website. The website will open on your phone, and you can go there and read all about what they have to offer. You can even make reservations. This is also very convenient if you don't have your own smartphone.
4. How can you put one on your website?
With a few clicks, you can put QR codes on your own site. Google, Bing, and Yahoo offer these services, which makes it easier than ever to use QR codes.
Regardless of all free QR code generator software or what Google, Bing, and Yahoo offer, we would like to introduce the QR.io site that we use for our business.
Why do we use QR io?
We found QR io at the software deal site. They offered a one-time fee for a lifetime to keep the software. So, we tested it and have been using it for a year now. QR io has some great features, such as
- link to any website URL,
- download apps,
- social media design page,
- personal custom page,
- business page,
- coupon offer page,
- request feedback and review page,
- share a video page, share images,
- PDF files,
- and share multiple links.
- The best part of the QR io provides data.
Why did we start to use the QR code?
We write lots of articles about the products and software offers. Not only that, we find the best products and sell them on many different platforms. We used one of the tactics to promote our products by using the URL, which was our website. Nevertheless, not my customers were not happy to type our site URL and get coupons. Thus, we started to dig into the different methods for our customer's comfortability. It was a QR code.
What are the benefits of using QR Codes?
Simplicity is the amongst essential. If our customers don't have a smartphone will be an awful choice. Statista data shows that in 2021, nearly 6,000 million people will be using smartphones. And will grow. To scan the QR code is easy. Use your smartphone and turn on the photo. You will immediately see the popup button to visit the URL.
Now, how can you put one on your website?
Once generate the QR code from QR io, you will find the download link to your computer. All you need is to update the QR code as a jpeg or PNG file to your website.
5. What should you put in the code?
With the QR io, you can add your logo or image. If you want to make some unique designs, you can customize colors and shapes. It's your freedom to add a design or a plain QR code.
Moreover, when creating the QR code, make sure that it includes the keywords you want to rank for. This may mean writing a short description of your blog post and including it in the QR code as well. Your URL can also be included. Also, when you have a QR code that directs to your mobile site, you should use the mobile version of the blog post. It is always better to keep your users on your mobile version of the blog. If your mobile version doesn't have all the features that you want, you can always create a mobile-optimized version of your blog.
If you need a blog site, please feel free to contact iARTidea team.
6. How can I make my website scan-able?
Your content is just as important, if not more so, than your website’s design. A good website’s content needs to be both easy to understand and easy to find. If you want your website to be successful, you need to start thinking about what makes a successful website. What are the elements that help people remember it and search it? Once you add fulfilling contents to your website, simply add your QR code by using the QR io with some text added for customers what this QR code is about.
7. Why do I need QR codes on my business cards?
If you're not using QR codes on your business cards, you're missing a huge opportunity to help people find you on the web and connect with you on social media. QR codes can be scanned quickly by smartphone apps, which means they're an easy way for customers to find your company's website and social pages.
A quick scan or a click? For companies that are trying to attract new customers, it’s time to start thinking about how they can connect with them more directly. QR codes are one of the most popular ways of doing so. But why would you want to use them on your business card?
We met many local business owners, they all brought their business cards. We didn't keep their business cards, but we organized them with their names, services, and websites with a private note. It is so much convenient if we can scan the QR code instead of putting it all manually. You can add social media accounts, resumes, and achievements with the QR code. There are lots of capabilities you can imagine.
8. How do I create a QR code on my business card?
1. The goal is to get the person reading the QR code to click on the link and be redirected to your website. The key to this is a QR code that is both easy to read and high quality. To create one, you will need:
2. A business card.
3. An image editor.
4. A printer.
5. A website.
6. A smartphone or computer with a camera.
7. A QR reader.
Generate your QR code with QR io and add it to your business card.
9. What other ideas can I use to help my business?
With your QR code, you can check customers' data to see how often customers scanned your code to expose your link. If you offer a discount code, they will leave their email address and name to get the code if they are interested.
Now, you can consider starting email marketing.
Once your customers accept to receive your offers via email, you can create a campaign with some images and send them a few in a month. It calls connection with your customers. Customers will remember who you are and what you offer. They will keep reading and opening your email if they are interested in your services or products.
If you are a local business owner can consider starting offline marketing. Make a postcard, and mail them directly to houses. The open rate is not high nowadays, but still, people like to open and check.
If you target a specific ethnicity, you can research their popular messenger or message software. For example, Korean use Kakao Talk for messages. You will be stunned by the high open rate, which has agreed to receive a direct message from you through the Kakao talk. Always direct text message is the fastest and effective way your customers check your latest offers. But, don't use the text messages with random numbers. They will block you right away.
App push notification and Chrome extension notification.
You may not notice the app push notification and Chrome extension notification. When your customers install your app on their devices will receive a notification to their devices. Chrome extension is also very similar. When users install your Chrome extension, they will receive a notification on their computers.
Use customer data to your advantage. If you have a customer base already, ask yourself: What are the common customer pain points? How can I help those customers? This will allow you to build your product and service around the needs and desires of those who are likely to buy from you.
Another thing that you can do is create a social media campaign. People who engage in social media will be sharing your posts and content through their networks, which will help you reach new and different audiences.
Some questions you may want answers
Can I use the generated QR Codes for commercial purposes?
Answer: YES, for commercial purposes you can create QR codes from your own design. Use QR io tools to generate QR codes and share them on social media. You can also use your QR codes to redirect users to your website, a blog post, or a landing page.
Can I customize a QR Code with my company logo or icon?
Answer: Yes, QR codes are great for promoting services, products, or brands and can be used on almost any surface or printed on a variety of media. Use the QR code generator to make a QR code that suits your needs.
Is there a scan limit for the QR Codes?
Answer: QR Codes are not subject to any restrictions on how many codes are scanned, although most websites that generate QR Codes limit the amount of data allowed.
Can my smartphone scan QR Codes?
Answer: Yes, smartphones can scan the barcodes of QR Codes and then redirect the browser or open the app to the website or service that you want.
What is QR code again?
1. QR Codes can be used to share any URL, including video and live streams, anywhere.
2. QR Codes can be scanned from any mobile device.
3. Use QR Codes to share your content, and increase engagement, traffic and sales.
1. The good news: You can grab a one time lifetime deal.
2. The good news: There are over 1 billion active readers online.
3. The good news: You can put them on just about anything.
4. The good news: QR codes are an easy and effective way to get your business noticed.
In this article we mentioned
1. QR codes are the way forward in terms of marketing your business and growing your customer base!
2. Find out what kind of codes you can create and use.
3. Set up a website where customers can scan your codes to receive more info about your products or services.
4. Create QR codes to promote your next event or even your next blog post.
5. Some other marketing tactics
The QR code is an image that you can use as an icon to link to websites or mobile apps. As a result, a QR code can help you build a brand identity for your business by allowing you to create a direct link from your business card to a website. You can find out more about how to use QR codes for your business in my next blog.
Please visit us on the web to learn more and receive free business advice.